Nominations for the Third Annual Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service in Policing
The Department of Justice has launched the 3rd Annual Attorney General Award. This award recognizes individual state, local, or tribal sworn police officers, deputies and troopers for exceptional efforts in innovations in community policing, criminal investigations, and field operations that have proven effective in enforcing our laws. The department is requesting nominations for the third annual Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service in Policing. The nomination period is now open and will close at 8pm on Wednesday, June 19, 2019. The nomination process for this award is now available on www.justice.gov/ag/policing-award.
To nominate someone for this award, please visit https://www.justice.gov/ag/webform/policing-award-nomination
Nominations for the Third Annual Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service in Policing will remain open until June 19, 2019, at 8:00 p.m. EST.
Nominations may be submitted by the potential recipient’s supervisors, professional peers, or members of the local community and may include references and URL links to news sources and promotional or other materials that describe or substantiate the activity, program, or initiative for which the nominee(s) is being nominated. Nominations must be submitted in the following format:
Nominations should be submitted through the web-based application form (see link below). The online application will direct the nominating individuals to complete the following fields:
1. Name and rank of nominee(s) (must be a rank-and-file officers, deputies and troopers in a nonsupervisory position), the lead agency name, and the size of population served by the agency
2. Name and affiliation of the nominating individual
3. Nomination category for the activities, programs, or initiatives for which the nominee(s) is being nominated (Criminal Investigations, Field Operations, or Innovations in Policing)
4. A detailed description of the specific action(s), programs, or initiatives of the nominee(s) for which s/he is being nominated
5. Agency point of contact information
Nominations must be submitted by 8:00 p.m. EST, Wednesday, June 19, 2019. In the event that agencies or other nominating parties are unable to access the online application, nomination letters may be sent via email. The nomination letter should be no longer than three pages and should include the fields listed here. Nominations submitted in letter format must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00 p.m. EST, Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
Please direct all general inquiries to email@example.com.
Link: Learn More
Back to listing >>